Tournament Registration Dates Announced
April 16, 2019 10:00am- Perron C. Jarboe Memorial Tournament (June 3-4, Woodland GC & Brae Burn CC)
May 30, 2019- Barrett C. Nichols Memorial Tournament (July 15, Boothbay Harbor CC) (Optional 2nd day at The Ledges July 16)
May 30, 2019- Clifton Larson Memorial Tournament (August 19, Rhode Island CC)
May 30, 2019- W. Royce Taylor Tournament (September 16, 2019, Cape Club of Sharon)
August 21, 2019- Coakley-Stimets Memorial Tournament (October 8-9, Oyster Harbors Club & Wianno Club)
2019 NESGA Members Survey Results
Please CLICK HERE to view results.
In January we conducted a survey to solicit your thoughts and help your Board of Directors make critical tournament and policy decisions. The survey consisted of 20 questions soliciting personal opinions of current and future practices. We had 129 responses or approximately 55% of our dues paying membership. 12 Gold Star members also took the survey.
Below is an overall summary:
1) Age: Average Age:72
-1-3 Years 24%, 4-6 Years 27%, 7-10 Years 17%, 10+ Years 27%
3) Average number of events played each year: 3
4) Overall satisfaction with the NESGA: 83% of members are either satisfied or very satisfied
5) Overall quality of the courses played in 2018: 83% Excellent or Very Good, and 10% Good
6) Overall quality of the courses the NESGA has scheduled for 2019: 85% Excellent or Very Good, and 15% Good
7) Value: 85% of member feel the value they receive meets or exceeds expectations. 15% feel the value falls short or does not meet their expectations. Please keep in mind that our financial goal is to break even each year and on each event.
8&9) Communications: Email is by far the preferred way to communicate with the members. 86% of members are Very Satisfied or Satisfied with member communications.
10) Administrative: 84% are either Very Satisfied or Satisfied with the administrative support The Duhamel Group is providing.
11) Tournament Pricing: 76% are either satisfied or very satisfied with 7% dissatisfied.
12) Lunch Preferences: 34% prefer a boxed lunch, 29% prefer a buffet lunch 24% does not matter.
13) Dinner Preferences: 37% prefer a buffet dinner, 35% prefer hors d’oeuvres, 12.5% prefer no dinner, and 8% prefer a plated dinner. 8% also answered that it does not matter to them.
14) Interest in higher profile courses: 27% Interested, 34% Somewhat Interested, 24% Not Interested, and 14% Indifferent.
15) Events that offer overnight accommodations: 21% Interested, 37% Somewhat Interested, 26% Not Interested, and 16% Indifferent.
16) Opinion on ABCD Format: 42% Like it, 36% Are Indifferent, and 22% Do not like it
17) Referrals: 91% of members are very likely or likely to recommend a friend to join the NESGA
18) Donations: 76% of members believe the NESGA Charitable Gift Fund is a worthy cause. 19% percent are indifferent and 5% think it is not a worthy cause.
19) 66% of members would be willing to consider donating a $100 gift to support the NESGA Charitable Gift Fund.
After a successful 2018 schedule that saw 4 events played. We are excited to announce our 2019 schedule.
The New England Seniors’ oldest tradition will continue with the Jarboe on June 3rd and 4th at Woodland Golf Club and Brae Burn Country Club in Newton, MA. The Jarboe dinner will be held at Woodland Golf Club after play on Monday.
July 15 – Tee Times starting at 9:50am
For the first time in the history of the NESGA, we will be hosting an event on July 15th at Boothbay Harbors Country Club in Boothbay Harbors, ME.
Boothbay Region Country Club opened its first 9 holes in 1921. Playing the course immediately became a favorite pastime for the vacationers to the area. The 9-hole gem designed by Stiles and Van Kleek expanded to 18 holes in 1999 and has recently gone through a complete redesign by renowned course architect Bruce Hepner as part of a multi-million dollar renovation by new owner Paul Coulombe. Completed and re-opened in May of 2016, the Boothbay Harbor Country Club is a world-class facility, housing a 5-star restaurant, sports bar and grille, outdoor heated seating with fire pit, a proshop, and luxury locker rooms.
A mainstay in Golf Digest’s Top 10 golf courses in the state of Rhode Island. This 1911 Donald Ross gem combines parkland golf with stretches of scenic holes that run along Narragansett Bay. Since our last NESGA event here in 2012, RICC has done many renovations included removing over 300 trees.
September 16- Shotgun Starting at 12:30pm
The last time the NESGA visited Spring Valley Country Club was in 1998. Since then the course has gone through many changes, including a name change. In 2006, The Cape Club of Sharon underwent an extensive renovation led by renowned course architect Craig Schreiner whose work includes notable courses such as Oak Hill Country Club in New York, Firestone Country Club in Ohio, and Oakland Hills Country Club in Michigan. This renovation included a redesign of the green complexes and greenside bunkering, improved drainage, 20 new tee boxes and an advanced irrigation system. The W. Royce Taylor Tournament will be held on September 19, 2019
And of course, last but not least, one of the most popular events, The Coakley-Stimets Memorial Tournament will be held at Oyster Harbors Club and The Wianno Club on October 8th and 9th. Located in Osterville, MA, these two Donald Ross designs boast views and golf unmatched by many courses in New England.